Practice and Tryouts for Boys & Girls begin on December 14, 2019 at 9:30 am at Edward Vincent Park.
Our First Practice of the 2019 Season begins on Saturday, December 14th at Edward Vincent Park. The Boys and Girls conduct tryouts at each practice.
Come and join our winning tradition.
Practices and tryouts are conducted every Tuesday & Thursday at Jim Gilliam Park (near Rodeo & La Brea) and on Saturdays tryouts will be held at Edward Vincent Park (Florence & Centinela) – map links are below. The team meets at Edward Vincent at the east side of the park next to the soccer field and at Jim Gilliam the team meets at the southwest area of the park near the baseball fields. Our tryouts require that the athletes can demonstrate that they participate in a standard LA Jets practice without walking and have a desire to run.
Practice & Tryouts are held at the following times:
- Saturday: 9:30am. Athletes that arrive after 9:30 am will not be allowed to practice that day and will be sent home with no exceptions.
- Tuesday & Thursday: 5:30pm. Athletes that arrive after 5:45 pm will not be allowed to practice that day and will be sent home with no exceptions.
Athletes aged 5 – 15 yrs old can participate in tryouts and join the team.
- Coach Sanoma Evans: (213) 500-6375
- The registration fees are $100.00 and are due in late December (approximately 2-3 weeks after the start of practice)
Required equipment for practice for every athlete
- Water Bottle (filled with water)
- 2 T-shirts (they should be worn on top of each other)
- Sweat Pants
- Sweat Shirt
- A bag large enough to hold sweat pants, sweat shirts and water during practice (a back pack or small duffel bag is usually sufficient)
- Tennis/Running Shoes