Tryouts for Boys & Girls Division occur at each LA Jets Practice at Serra High School – NO PAPERWORK OR FEES ARE REQUIRED FOR THE FIRST PRACTICE OR TRYOUTS.
It’s not too late to join our team – Come to a practice, learn what the LA Jets are about and contribute to our winning tradition!
Practices and tryouts are conducted every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday at Junipero Serra High School in Gardena, CA – map links are below.
Our tryouts ONLY require that the athletes can demonstrate that they participate in a standard LA Jets practice without walking, are mature enough to be a part of a track team and have a desire to run.
Practice & Tryouts are held at the following times:
- Tuesday & Thursday: 5:30pm. Athletes that arrive after 5:45 pm will not be allowed to practice that day and will be sent home with no exceptions.
- Saturday: 9:30am. Athletes that arrive after 9:30 am will not be allowed to practice that day and will be sent home with no exceptions.
Athletes aged 5 – 15 yrs old can participate in tryouts and join the team.
- Coach Sanoma Evans: (213) 500-6375
- NO PAPERWORK OR FEES ARE REQUIRED FOR THE FIRST PRACTICE OR TRYOUTS
- Registration fees are $100.00 and are due once the athlete has been accepted to the ream
Required equipment for every athlete at Practice/Tryouts
- Water Bottle (filled with water)
- 2 T-shirts (they should be worn on top of each other)
- Sweat Pants
- Sweat Shirt
- A bag large enough to hold sweat pants, sweat shirts and water during practice (a back pack or small duffel bag is usually sufficient)
- Tennis/Running Shoes